Not all signs of gutter damage are easily identified. Detecting early signs of failing gutters is important as they protect your home’s exterior and foundation from water damage.
Address any gutter issues immediately to avoid costly foundation, roofing or siding repair. Ask yourself these questions when assessing the condition of your gutters.
1. Are there obvious signs of damage such as cracks in the gutters or are they pulling away from the house?
2. Is water flowing at a heavy rate from the gutters during storms?
3. Are there large puddles of water around your foundation during storms?
4. Are there any leaks in the gutters?
5. Are there nails sticking or popping out of the gutter system?
6. Do the gutters have organic growth or animals living in them?
7. Do you see light between the back of the gutter and fascia?
8. Are there water stains on the fascia?
Other Signs of Failing Gutters
Go to your basement to see if there is water or flooding in the area. Look for lines in your landscape below the gutters. Check decks, garage doors, and windowsills below gutters for rot. Cracks in the foundation, sidewalks, or driveways can also indicate failing gutters. Flaking siding paint is often a result of continued water leakage.
As one of your most experienced roofing contractors, Ken Morton & Sons can help you with any roofing and gutter issues. We have a respected reputation for our roofing and siding repair and installation services. Our team will make sure your gutters are in good shape so your home stays beautiful and protected against water damage.
Further, heavy gutter overflow or water flooding in the foundation may be a sign your gutters are clogged. You can solve this by cleaning the gutters. However, if the problem persists, you may not have the right size of gutters or a faulty gutter pitch. Consider installing gutter guards if your gutters are constantly clogged.
Let Ken Morton & Sons helps you with your guttering needs. We are a GAF Master Elite® roofer so you can only expect superior roofing services. Call us at (856) 582-8800 or fill out our online form to get a free quote. We provide home improvement services in Woodstown, NJ.